3. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information ("PII"). When an individual visits our web site, our web server automatically recognizes no information regarding the domain or email address. However, when an individual visits this web site and registers to receive certain benefits, we may collect certain categories of personally identifiable information. The information we collect may vary depending on the benefits selected by the registrant and the information provided by the registrant. For example, we may collect the following categories of personally identifiable information: name, physical address, an email address, phone number, occupation, and account. If you register to find a deck contractor for a project, your information will be shared with the contractors registered on our site who may be interested in providing you with bid for your project. We may also use your information to follow-up with you regarding your project and to obtain information related to your experience related to finding a contractor for your project and your comments related to the contractor who constructed your project. If you are a registered contractor, information submitted to us by you will be available on the web site.
4. Sharing of PII: General Policy. We do not rent, sell or share PII with you or nonaffiliated companies, except with your consent or as described herein.
5. Sharing of PII: Affiliates. Unless prohibited by law, we may use and share PII within any companies that may legally affiliated with us (such as, for example, any parent, subsidiary, or brother or sister entity) for purposes of providing service and account maintenance, to help us design and improve products and services, and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
6. Sharing of PII: Third-Party Service Providers. When you submit your PII on this site, we reserve the right to share it with a reputable third party that provides outsourced services for us ("Third Party Service Providers"). These Third Party Service Providers may include, for example, companies that (i) host, manage, and service our web servers, software and systems, (ii) provide business, data processing, or marketing services, and (iii) provide payment processing, fulfillment, and/or shipping services. Further, all such Third Party Processors are contractually bound by us to keep the information confidential, and all information provided to or accessible by Third Party Service Providers is required to be used by them only for purposes of the service they are providing for this site.
7. Sharing of PII: Purchase or Sale of Businesses. We continually look for ways to improve our business. One such way of improving our business might be to buy or sell a company. If we buy or sell a business, databases containing PII will likely be transferred as part of the sale. If we buy a business, we will honor the requests of that business' former customers regarding their personally identifiable information. If in connection with a sale there will be material changes to the way personally identifiable information is being used, affected consumers will be notified via e-mail and will be given the opportunity to opt-out.
8. Sharing of PII: Legal Process. We reserve the right to share PII with third parties in response to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, to comply with an inquiry by a government agency or other regulator, or as necessary for other legal purposes.
9. Sharing of PII: Companies Offering Promotions, Products, or Services. In two types of instances, we reserve the right to provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to receive promotions, products or services from third party sponsors. First, only with your permission, we will periodically send to you, via e-mail, offers and promotions from our third party sponsors which we select. In these instances, we do not share your PII with the third party sponsors; we do the mailing for them. Additionally, you will always have the opportunity, with each e-mail, to opt-out of receiving future offers. Second, in other instances, we provide you with the opportunity to receive products and services from specifically identified third parties directly through this site. In these instances, you must explicitly consent to receive each offer. When you explicitly agree to receive offers from specific third parties, your PII is shared with the specific third party to enable them to provide you with the offer you have requested. All information provided to third parties is governed by the Privacy Policies of these third parties. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of these third parties, and you should review the Privacy Policies of these parties before supplying your PII to them.
10. Sharing of PII: Miscellaneous. We reserve the right to share PII with the following additional third parties: Online sellers of products and services from whose site the sale originated (even though the sale originates at site of the seller, registration and collection of personally identifiable information may in some instances occur at this site).
12. Traffic Data. We reserve the right to collect three (3) types of "traffic data": IP Addresses, Referrers, and System Information. IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. A Referrer is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from. System information includes time of access, the type of web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed of your computer. We reserve the right to use this "traffic data" purposes of identifying broad demographic trends and for improving the content of this web site. We will not use "traffic data" to attempt to identify your personal information; you will not be personally identified with "traffic data".
13. ECPA Notice. This web site treats email messages and other communications through this site as private. Exceptions are those permitted by law, included under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2701-2711 (the "ECPA"). The ECPA permits our limited ability to intercept and/or disclose electronic messages, including, for example (i) as necessary to operate our system or to protect our rights or property, (ii) upon legal demand (court orders, warrants, subpoenas), or (iii) where we receive information inadvertently which appears to pertain to the commission of a crime. This site is not considered a "secure communications medium" under the ECPA.
14. USA Patriot Act Notice. The federal USA Patriot Act ("USA Patriot Act") provides generally for the operator of a communication host and law enforcement to be able to monitor any content, upon request of the operator. We anticipate fully complying with all our obligations, and availing ourselves of all our rights, under the USA Patriot Act.
15. Other Web Sites, Links, And Advertisers. This web site contains links to other web sites. We reserve this right to have advertisers or other third parties on this site that may also have links on this web site and may link to this site. The privacy practices of advertisers or web sites linked to this site are not covered by this privacy statement, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. Additionally, if you make a purchase from a store, merchant or contract with a contractor (“third party vendors”) listed on or linked to this site, any information that you give, such as your contact information, is provided to them. These third party vendors have separate privacy and data collection practices, and we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. You should be careful to review any privacy policies posted on any of these sites before signing up with and using them. We will not treat information that you post to areas of this site that are viewable by others (for example, to a forum or chat room) as confidential or proprietary. By posting information to this site that are viewable by others, you agree that we may use that information without restriction.
16. Security. Information collected by this site is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. We are dedicated to maintaining and upholding your privacy and security and are aware of our privacy and security policies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store at this site, and you do so at your own risk.
17. Making Changes To Personally Identifiable Information. Registered users may make changes to their Personally Identifiable Information by following these instructions: log in, click on the link pointing to Access Personally Identifiable Information, then view and modify your personal data per the instructions provided on the linked page.
18. Email. If you supply us with your e-mail address on-line you may receive periodic messages from us with information specific to the site and required for the normal functioning of the site as well as for new products or services or upcoming events. If you prefer not to receive periodic email messages, please make changes as you would for Personally Identifiable Information as provided above or email us at our email address.
Our Postal Address:
Decks.com, LLC P.O. Box 2125 Alpharetta, GA, 30023